Residential Improvements, Home Designs Birmingham AL

Dogwood Design & Remodel LLC



We strive to take your needs, wants and wishes for your home and make them as much of a reality as we can. We love the challenge of remodeling, creating unique one of a kind solutions for each and every project we are a part of. The  quote just below, from Sarah Susanka expresses a desire we have to not simply throw more square footage at a problem. We seek to have creative solutions for you and your homes, but when space is required then that's what we do. We are not like some professionals that "tell" you what you want, but we discover, through our process, your style and what will be best for you, your family, and your home.

Our Virtual Tours
One of the best tools in our tool box is our Design Process. The process is anchored by the Virtual Tours we create and share with each customer for every project we possibly can. We have been using this as a standard practice for over 12 years. In recent years, on HGTV and other home improvement channels, you might have seen similar things used on shows like Property Brothers and Fixer Upper. 

Our software of choice affords us several visualization options when it comes to perspective, elevations and virtual tours. Now we will also be able to use Google Cardboard and similar VR headsets to create an even more immersive experience for our customers when it comes to the virtual tour portion of our process!

Michael Armstrong
I am the owner here at Dogwood Design & Remodel LLC. I've been in the Residential Remodeling industry since 2001. I have been privileged to be a part of projects across the southeast. Over the years one thing has become clear to me and that is, I love helping others solve their problems. Residential Design at it's heart centers around problem solving. Being able to dream of solutions and see them come to life is really something special for me.

My Professional Achievements
  • Winner of multiple Alabama Remodeling Excellence Awards
  • Projects have been featured nationally in USA Today and Signature Kitchen & Bath Magazine
  • Several projects featured in Over the Mountain Journal, Our House Magazine and other local publications
  • In 2012, selected to the Professional Remodeler's Magazine 40 under 40
  • Guest lecturer for colleges, universities and local government agencies
  • Guest host for Our House Radio
  • Invited to speak at the 2020 International Builder Show, the biggest construction trade show in the world.
My biggest success is my family! My wife, Hannah, and I have been married for 17 years. We have been blessed with three great kids. They are full of life and wide open all the time, and making our life so exciting each and every day. 

In my spare time I really enjoy hunting whitetail and bass fishing. Something that most folks wouldn't guess about me, is that I really enjoy cooking, specifically baking. I love the balance of art and science that baking carries. Certain rules must be followed, while others can be bent and altered.

I love what I do. I strive to treat each and every project as if it were for me or my family. I hope we can find an opportunity to work together on your project in the near future.



Our Work
















Contact Us

Address: 3300 Cahaba Road Suite 212, Birmingham, AL
Phone: +1 205-202-1859
E-mail: michael@dogwooddesignremodel.com
Messenger: m.me/1553631088004203

Learn More About Us

More local contractors at your service